I have a confession to make: Sometimes my blog posts can be a tad on the, shall we say, “longer” side?
But that is not the case today. No, today I’m in the mood for something that gets right down to the action without any unnecessary talking. (Or typing.)
Yep, that’s right, you’re about to learn of a magical place where you can effectively promote your blog posts in just a few minutes per day and I’m going to tell you all about it as fast as I possibly can. (Because sometimes quick and dirty is all you need.)
Ready to get in and out of this blog post faster than a two-pump chump on his best day? Let’s get started!
BizSugar: A Quickie Lover’s Best Friend
If you blog about small business topics for your business (how to offer great customer service, marketing tactics, success stories, how you got your start/found success, etc.) BizSugar will be the perfect spot for you to promote your blog posts.
Follow these steps to start posting:
- Sign up for an account.
- Wait for the activation link that gets sent to your email.
- Once it arrives, click the link and sign into your account.
- Click the orange ‘submit an article’ button on the upper right of your screen.
- Add the URL of your blog post where it says ‘story URL.’ (You will need to copy/paste from your own blog.)
- Enter your blog post’s headline where it says “story title.”
- Choose the category that best fits what your blog post is about from the drop-down menu.
- Enter a quick description of your blog post. (I always just copy/paste my blog post’s meta description.)
- Answer the security question (it’s just basic math, don’t worry).
- Hit ‘preview and submit.’
- Double check that you have everything right and then hit ‘submit story’ if it’s ready (if not you can hit ‘modify’ to go back and edit).
- And you’re done!
Don’t Hit It and Quit It
The twelve steps above are all you really need to get started, but if you can stick around for a bit longer, check out the tips below for getting the most out of this blog promotion site. (And if you’re still here in the morning, maybe I’ll even make you breakfast.)
- Once you’ve submitted a post, other members of the community will begin “sugaring” it (although it’s not guaranteed) and it will take 15 sugars for your post to be made “hot.” If this happens, it’ll hit the front page, getting you more sugars and attention from other members.
- People will also be able to share your blog post directly from the site to Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, etc., and there are visible stats for each so you’ll know how many times each has been shared.
- One of the best things about this blog promotion site is that they don’t republish your content on their site like other blogging communities do. Readers will see your blog post’s headline and description on BizSugar (and can sugar, comment, tweet, and share from there), but when they click on the link, it’ll take them directly to your blog, which means you benefit from BizSugar traffic directly.
- Always respond to any comments you get (You will be sent an email notification) and when you have extra time, be sure you sugar and comment on other bloggers’ posts as well, as this is how you can make real connections and build a strong presence on the site.
Wow, That Was Fast!
Isn’t it great when you can do something in just a few minutes per day and still see gratifying results from it?
Thanks to BizSugar, you’ll be able to get your blog posts a little more love without adding more to your already busy day. Yes, it might be fast and easy, but it sure aims to please. (And that’s the best type of quickie in my book.)
Will you use BizSugar to promote your blog posts?